Sunday 23 January 2011

Soap & Glory

I can't recall the amount of times I have received hand soap "gift sets". These well meaning presents are swiftly dispatched into my underwear drawer serving their purpose as glorified scented draw liners very well.  Not meaning to sound ungrateful, it's just in this day and age, especially living in London the only hand soap I use is the anti bac hand gel. I was unaware my usage had grown into habit, until one day whilst having dinner with my father I unwittingly whipped out my anti bac hand gel in front of him, squirting it onto my hands all the while talking to him about something entirely unrelated as he watched the rather odd ritual unfolding in front of him.....

So.....it was with some caution that I opened the box gift set of soaps by CONNOCK LONDON. I am glad that before banishing them to my drawer I smelt them.  To describe it is almost impossible but once the scent from the soaps hit my nose I was under its spell. Amanda Connock  knows what she is doing and she is faultless. Her debut scent is subtle, elegant, unflowery and I wanted to smell it again and again.  The purity of smell is reflected by the simple square shaped soaps.  One wash of my hands and my bathroom was filled with a heavenly creamy aroma, the kukui oil left my hands soft and not dry.  Even when the soap isn't used the aroma fills the room. The underwear drawer's loss is my gain.

To my delight there are five other products in this delicious new british range..... So I guess you could say I have swopped one bad habit for a brand new addiction.

You can buy these from http://www.beautique.com/ and they retail at £25.55.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post! I'm writing from beautique and just wanted to say you are spot on! The soaps are one of our best-sellers and have had some great feedback on them and Amanda's other products. Such a lovely brand! x

    ReplyDelete